1. Spend the day sailing on the Bay.
2. Enjoy a candlelit dinner at a romantic restaurant.
3. Find a quite bistro with great coffees and desserts.
4. Go for a gondola ride in the center of Oakland, on Lake Merritt.
5. Go winetasting by bike in the wine country of Sonoma, Napa or Livermore.
6. Two glasses, a bottle of fine wine, and a blanket spread before a roaring
7. A carriage ride, with blankets to cuddle under in San Francisco or
8. Bring a picnic, then walk or take a tram tour through history on Angel
9. Spend a weekend or a night at a hotel/bed-and-breakfast near the
10. Go out to listen to music at a restaurant or dance the night away at a
11. Eat crab or oysters day or night near the shore, taking a stroll
12. Enjoy a full spa treatment for two, retiring to a fire-lit hotel room
for a glass of bubbly.
13. Snuggl up for a movie at the drive-in, movie house or a play at the
14. Watch the sunset from a ferry near the Golden Gate bridge.
a treasury of special moments
1. Hike to the top of a hill for a picnic.
2. Take out a rowboat on a lake, any lake.
3. Go to the top of a multi-story building just for the view on a clear or
4. Dress for a formal party, then have dinner and dance at home (or a
5. Spend an afternoon sharing books at a bookstore that encourages browsing.
6. Rent a romantic classic movie to watch with real popcorn and wine.
7. Pretend you’ve just won the lottery. Dare to dream out loud and “Shop”
for your dream home furnishings in elegant craft galleries and fine stores.
8. Make out at Lovers’ Lane — and make some new memories of passion….
9. Visit a specialty food factory or an artisan shop like Benicia’s glass
blowing studio, Zellique Art Glass.
10. Browse in a San Francisco, Sausalito or Oakland museum or art gallery.
11. Drive along the outer borders of your city or county, exploring new
neighborhoods, villages and parks as a photo safari.
12. Ride the City’s Cable Cars and circle the city.
13. A romantic dinner at home with a special dish prepared by each of you.
14. Ferry ride around the Bay enjoying each port.
Bay Crossings Calendar Feb. 2004
Oakland Open Marketplace in Jack London Square near the
Ferry Terminal Every…
Saturday 11-4pm Artisan Market with 30 or more artists display booths.
Sunday 10am-2pm –Oakland’s Farmers’ Market fills the square.
– Physics of Toys, Valentine to the SF Bay, Accidental Scientist…
Home Depot San Francisco Half Marathon and 5K Golden Gate Park
Feb 1 415-333-4780 Fee Varies, Start the month off running. One of the most
scenic half marathons ever features a course which travels throughout Golden
Gate Park and along the Pacific Ocean with both starts and finishes in the
Park. Starts at 8am.
Vietnamese Tet Parade and Spring Festival in its 7th year is expecting
60,000 people from all over the Bay Area to join in celebrating the
Vietnamese New Year.
Feb 1, 10:00am, Downtown San Jose on Park Ave (@ Market St.), San Jose
Festival: 10am-6pm, Park Ave. (at Market St.) features VN arts and crafts,
performances by famous VN entertainers, martial arts, carnival games and
rides, and delicious foods.
Parade: 11am-1pm, on Market St. (from St. John St. to San Carlos St.).
Floats, Lion and Dragon dancers and more. Free admission and Free Krispy
Kreme donuts from 9-10am!! (408) 292-8283
Oakland China Town’s Lunar New Year Exhibition held in the Asian Cultural
Center Hall Feb.- 510-637-0455 www.oacc.cc
Francisco Chinese New Year Parade and Celebration Two events are built
around fantastic parade down San Francisco’s Market Street
Feb. 6 - Miss Chinatown Coronation Ball.
Feb 7-8 Chinatown Community Street Fair.
Feb 7 – Chinese New Year’s Parade begins at 5:30pm at 2nd and Market
traveling up to Columbus St. For information, call 415-982-3000.
San Francisco Arts of Pacific Asia Show Fort Mason Center
Feb 5-8 Exhibition and sale of all periods of exceptional Asian art and
artifacts of the People of the Pacific and Mainland Asian Region, benefiting
the educational programs of the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco. Thursday,
6pm-10pm Gala Benefit Opening, Friday and Saturday 11am-7pm, Sunday
11am-5pm. 310-455-2886 Fees: $12 general; $175 Gala Benefit preview.
Portrait of an Estuary: San Francisco Bay
Oakland Museum of California, museum gardens (510) 238-2200 www.museumca.org.
Warrior’s Games – Feb, 6th Denver, 8th Toronto, 10th Phoenix, 18th L.A.
Lakers, 20th Portland, 21st Seattle.